Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Professional Services Group - Disappointing Experience

I am sure many of you have heard of the Professional Services Group (PSG), an offshoot of the Office of Unemployment of the Dept. of Labor in NJ. They do good work providing support services, contacts, networking, etc. for professionals re-entering the job market. Over the past 15 years or so I have placed some of their clients and assisted many others. When I discovered a LinkedIn networking site for the PSG office in New Brunswick I was thrilled as it would be even easier to help there members find work. Sad to say, I was told that only members could join the group and that employers are relegated to a very cumbersome system for reaching out to them. Guess what? Time is valuable and their system will preclude me (and I am sure many others) from dealing with the constituents from this branch of the PSG. If any of my readers belong to the group, feel free to send my message to your leadership!

No comments: