Saturday, November 6, 2010

No Excuses Allowed!

I am not sending out resumes until after the holidays because no
one will look at them now.

Nobody does much hiring in the winter so I guess I will wait until it warms up again.

Who knows what will happen now that the elections are over. I better wait and see before I continue job searching.

No one appreciates experience anymore and I am NOT settling for less money than I made before I got laid off in 2008.

HOGWASH!

For the first time in a very long time, clients are beginning to chat about jobs such as VP of Software QA, Manager of Sales and Marketing, Partner-level Attorneys, etc. Are they hiring in great numbers? Not just yet. Are they paying top dollar? Absolutely not. Do they seem serious about starting to rebuild diminished work forces? Yes!

If there was ever reason to kick your search process up a notch, I think there is plenty enough right now. Please wake up, stop making excuses to wait a bit longer, and get in position just in case this is not a false alarm!!

1 comment:

Cards and Stories said...

I agree. This is also the time of year where people take vacations because many companies don't allow workers to roll over vacation. So there is a lot of work to get done that isn't getting done. I would imagine there are more than a few temp jobs available in the meantime. Not to mention holiday help at retail stores. It is always easier to get a job when you have a job, no matter what the job is.