Monday, August 5, 2019

No Politics on Interviews!

While commuting to the office today, I found myself listening to a variety of newscasts and talk shows.  As the mood in our country becomes more heated and contentious, it reminded me of a piece of advice I taught to my trade school students while serving as a Director of Career Services years back.  Never ever discuss politics during a job interview! You want to be viewed as a candidate for the job at hand, not as an opinionated individual.  Politics should not be a part of the hiring process and your personal beliefs should remain private once you are hired.  Make sure you stick to this policy to ensure you are treated fairly during the job search process! #jobsearch #jobhunters #advice #jobseeking #jobinterview #hiringprocess  #separatechurchandstate #nopoliticsoninterviews  

No comments: