Saturday, March 19, 2022

Tough Dilemna

 This topic keeps popping up on a frequent basis but I feel the need to take another stab at it. Companies are growing more frustrated by their inability to fill open staffing needs. Here is my current take on this mess:

- Many candidates are only willing to work remotely.

- Numerous candidates want to set their own work schedule.

- Salary demands are rising with many folks seemingly unwilling to compromise.

- Employers are insisting in on-site work as the Pandemic lessens.

- Very few companies are comfortable offering flexible schedules as they feel it impact business flow.

- Even though the cost of fuel is growing, as well as the overall cost of living, many employers do not feel they can afford higher pay rates to attract candidates.

This is a tenacious stalemate where neither side is wrong and both are right on many points. I absolutely know I will get beat up on this but I still maintain that employers sign paychecks so they are in the driver's seat. A compromise would be wonderful though I doubt that is in the cards right now.

No comments: