Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Etc.

  • Proofread your resumes now! I said, proofread your resumes now!!! More and more folks are competing for every job that becomes available. Do you really think anyone will hire a Chemcical Egineer, especially one who graduated for a universalty? I read at least five resumes today with absolutely horrible spelling errors.
  • Old fashion networking is still a major part of job hunting. Make sure you have resumes and/or business cards with you at all times. You never know when a member of your house of worship, the coach of your child's soccer team or the person chat with on the train each day might have a job lead to share.
  • Caroline Kennedy's attempt for nomination as Senator of NY makes me realize i have been around for a long time. I remember viewing her at her father's funeral on television as I was out of school that day and replaced kindergarten with watching one of the most solemn days in the history of our nation.

No comments: