Friday, October 23, 2009

Frustration!!

Many people have brought to my attention the fact that I am a bit weird at times and look at things through a rather cloudy picture window! It has even been suggested that I think in a different fashion than most others do. Believe it or not, none of that bothers me one bit because people tend to see stuff my way sooner or later and admit that I was somewhat correct in my comments and observations!

Several clients and colleagues in the Human Resources and Staffing fields have drawn similar conclusions about the state of the current pool of available candidates. The pool is absolutely a mess. Try posting a job requirement on the web for a Packaging Engineer and see who responds. This week, I posted an engineering job with PLC background. Instead of seeing resumes of those capable of programming controllers, I received someone who managed a burger joint, another who did not have an engineering degree, yet another who is a financial broker.

I understand all too well how rough it is out there. Please do not apply for jobs without thoroughly evaluating the opportunity first.

No comments: