Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Some Very Early December Rantings

For some unknown reason, I am ringing in December 2009 with both some early morning indigestion and insomnia. Of course, I am imagining everything from early onset of H1N1 ( makes me think of being dragged to see Star Trek/Wars) to the seasonal flu (dumb name) to a reaction to some medication changes to some unknown ailment waiting at the door........

Guess what? I figured out my problem! Indigestion was brought on by all the stupid decisions being made by our federal government which will undoubtedly mess up the economy even more resulting in more depressing employment figures to wrap up 2009. Insomnia was brought on by trying to figure out how to motivate my clients, who are desperately short handed to the point of barely being productive, to bring in staff (at least on a short term basis) to meet the needs of their valued customers without losing them to off-shore manufacturers. Also, I would sleep better if the unemployed populus became realistic about what it takes to jump back into the job market therefore making themselves more desirable to future employers once the fog lifts off our shoulders (yes, it has engulfed our heads and is working downward for now) and if I could bring employed folks to their senses about staying put until partial clearing replaces the fog.

Wow! Getting that off my chest was almost as good as a glass of ginger ale. Time to sign off and go find the Canada Dry!

No comments: