Thursday, February 25, 2010

As February Fades Into the Sunset (or snow piles)

February has scooted by terribly fast. Perhaps that is because, while my placement numbers still need improvement, the amount of activity I have been coming across is certainly improving. Last fall featured a lot of stops and starts with the stops being a bit prolonged. The past 8 weeks have had longer spurts of activity and I have to believe things are waking up. In chatting with colleagues in the staffing field and at client companies, optimism is beginning to appear on the horizon, finally!!

Sadly, I am still getting way too many referrals of folks who were recently downsized, many times after long runs at one employer. If I could give a message to all those impacted in this way, be creative thinkers and realize that the world has not stood still while you stayed put the past 10 to 20+ years. You may need to make some personal adjustments to get yourself back onto the playing field as soon as possible. Feel free to contact me to discuss ideas along this topic.

No comments: