Monday, May 3, 2010

Will May Be the Month?

May arrived with incredibly hot weather in the Northeast and violent weather across the South. Does this mean we are about to see a storm of activity on the job front? April was very quiet though last week appeared to show some energy but I am unsure why that occurred. I would be curious to hear if any of my readers noticed a change last week. While there seems to be a momentary boost, some markets could be in for a rough time.

Governor Christie of NJ has imposed over $800 million in state aid cuts to public schools forcing about 200,000 teaching jobs to be eliminated. PA is laying off thousands of educators and trying to force them to come back at a fraction of their earning. We could see a huge influx of educators looking for jobs in other markets. One of these days, I hope we witness the job creation that President Obama talked about on the campaign trail 2 years ago.

Share your thoughts with me and have a good week!

No comments: