Monday, August 2, 2010

Dealing With the Unemployment Office

This morning, a gentleman who sounded genuine in his job search efforts, contacted me. He tried to apply for a job I posted online through the NJ state unemployment office (who, by the way, copied my listing from a paid site and made it look like their posting) and was forced to navigate through a series of unneccessary application forms which were not issued by me! Exasperated, he walked out after jotting down my phone number, called me, explained his problem, and sent his resume straight to my email account. Whether or not he secures this job is not the point of this article. The point is, something is exceptionally wrong with the unemployment assistance process in our country and we better get it repaired immediately!

No comments: