Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Watch Yourself!

Imagine yourself sending your resume to a recruiter, waiting several weeks before making a follow-up call then chastising the recruiter when he can not remember your resume! When he asks you for a quick overview of your background, you answer him with "come on, you have to remember me! If not, I guess you already decided I am wrong for the job. Hey man, we are in a recession, have a heart. If you cannot remember me I am hanging up!!""" ........................click, dial tone.

Names and voices stick in my brain for a very long time. Most recruiters remember their best success stories and their worst experiences!!

Remember this, professional recruiters are paid by their client companies. While we all try very, very hard to provide excellent service to candidates at all times, we must give our client companies the type of potential employees this wish to interview. All of us are in this ugly recession together and must play by the very limitted rules we have been forced to adhere to.

No comments: