Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Doors

I have been watching a house along my commuting route that has been under construction for over two years and still is not finished. Yesterday, I noticed the siding is mostly in places as are many windows. The entry doors and garage doors are still missing.

This got me thinking. I wonder what creatures have taken the opportunity to wander around this shell while the doors were wide open. What have they observed and learned in their explorations? Once the doors are installed, the opportunity to learn is gone.

This recession has actually opened many doors for job seekers though not necessarily the front entrance. While opportunities are tough to come by, they are out there. If you have been struggling going the conventional route, tried some side doors or garage entrances. For example, if you have a sales background, checkout the retail warehouse clubs. On a recent jaunt, I discovered one such place with several stations selling high end products and services. Unless you check unusual resources out, you may being closing doors before they are actually shut!

No comments: