Friday, September 3, 2010

Etc.

  • August was very quiet on the placement front. Media reports claimed that temps were in demand because firms were unable to find vacation coverage. My experience was that voicemail and email served as the replacements in most cases.
  • Someone who has not worked for almost two years was incensed when I called her about a two week project. She actually used foul language about my call to her companion before hanging up the phone. We need to fix a system which enables the unemployed to remain that way and we need to do so now!
  • I am trying to turn Twitter into a valuable resource. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
  • Labor Day used to be when we honored union workers. I wonder how Governor Christie of NJ and other Tea Party politicians will commemorate the day.
  • Beware of previously unknown engines offering to blast your resume for FREE! One never knows on whose doorstep or inbox (or Twitter Account) it will end up on!

No comments: