Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ETC.

~As my back gets ready for yet another round of snow removal, I have to wonder what happened to all the teenagers who used to grab $10 to shovel people out. Facebook seems to have overtaken all of them!
~Today, I had clients contact me about resumes I sent them on November 6 and November 30. One candidate has taken another job while the other is still available. Time can eliminate your candidate pool so I urge hiring companies to act quicker if at all possible.
~There seems to be a gradual trend toward hiring for permanent positrons rather than just contract assignments and I take this as an upbeat indication for the economy.
~Attention candidates: Speak clearly, concisely, and intelligently when leaving voice mails for potential employers or recruiting firms!!
~ January is 11 days old. Have you updated your resume yet???

No comments: