Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Perfect Job!

Did you ever pause for a moment and ask yourself what the perfect job would be? How much would it pay? Where would it be located? Are vacation days and health benefits in the package? Would I receive overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 per week? Is there a health club membership included? Where is the holiday party located and may i bring a guest? What will my co-workers be like to work with? These are all questions I hear repeatedly from job seekers but they are not the ones I wish they were asking!

Ask yourself some of the following questions and see if they make more sense. Will this job allow me to grow professionally? Is the employer stable and does it have a reputation of treating employees professionally? Am i capable of doing a good job or do I lack some of the needed skills? Why is this position currently open? What is the management structure like and who will be my immediate boss?

It is important to note that what is perfect for one person could be a major mistake for another. Feel free to share your thoughts on what would make a job perfect for you.

No comments: