Friday, September 23, 2016

Defensive Job Search Methods

A candidate recently responded to my listing for a particular position.  It clearly identified me as representing a staffing firm.  The candidate's first comment was they don't like to deal with staffing firms because they are just collecting resumes.
Why on earth would you send your resume if you prefer not to deal with me?  By the way, I did advertise a really great position with a great client!  I do understand the individual's concerns and know that some companies do simply collect resumes but getting defensive right away sends a rather negative signal.
First impressions still mean a lot to an old school recruiter like myself and I have very deep memory! This impression also makes me wonder how the candidate will do on an interview with my client.  Please choose your words and attitude carefully while searching for a new job.

No comments: