Monday, September 19, 2016

Driver's Seat

Today, I spoke with a potential candidate for a temporary customer service opportunity with one of my client companies.  The candidate's resume did not contain educational history.  My client requires a Bachelor's degree for this role so I asked if the candidate had earned one.  When they said no, I explained that it was a prerequisite to moving along with the application process.  The individual said my client was practicing discrimination and told me I should not represent them.

As a recruiter, it is my job to best fill the needs of my clients.  This is how I earn my living!  Of course, I always suggest alternatives such as two years of college couple with extra work experience, but that is not my decision to make. Please remember that the hiring company always sits firmly in the driver's seat!

No comments: