Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Right Attitude!

This afternoon, I was challenged with finding a candidate for a contract assignment where the pay rate was somewhat under market value. Unfortunately, the recent economic climate changes have impacted the dollars being offered by employers though there are still a decent amount of opportunities out there.

Since I was unaware of any candidates in my files who could do the task at hand, I started sourcing and making phone calls. One gentleman called back within ten minutes and was extremely upbeat. He spent most of his career climbing the ladder at a firm that shut down last year and took a job one step down to keep working. As luck would have it, that company was sold and the new owners eliminated his position. The job I presented is a contract position paying about 20% less than he is looking for but he was realistic and asked to be considerred. I hope the client interviews him as candidates like this are true gems!

1 comment:

Val said...

Hi, Harold - a little late (I was out of town), but I just found your email with this blog. Looks good. I'll bookmark it and look back.

Nice dinner last night too!
Val