Friday, June 27, 2008

From Walter Cronkite

"I can't imagine a person becoming a success who doesn't give this game
of life everything he's got. "

These simple yet wise words come from Walter Cronkite, who certainly is one of the greatest broadcast journalists of all time.

A hiring manager, who I deal with quite often, taught me something that I try to give to each candidate I send out for interviews. Countless people might be qualified for one job and their skills could quite easily be equal or close to each other. This particular manager always hires the person who shows the most passion and drive toward the required tasks of the position. Good hiring managers easily see through smoke screens so you need to demonstrate your love for the job and your desire to give it everything that you have got if hired. Try this on your next interview and please share your results with me!


No comments: