Sunday, May 24, 2009

ETC.

Watching my Phillies somehow win a series at the new Yankee Stadium this weekend got my brain was energized for a few minutes! Here are the thoughts that leaked out:
  • It was great seeing all the military personnel who were awarded free seats to fill the holes at field level in the new stadium. Certainly, they deserved the royal treatment they received. Unfortunately, the average baseball fan will not be able to pay the $2500 price for a seat there or even the half price discounts slowly coming out. Remember this when looking for a job, companies will keep workstations empty rather than overpay to fill them.
  • While shopping for a laptop for my daughter, I have suddenly realized that Microsoft forces retailers to sell Vista as the operationg system. Every PC expert I know tells me this is an awful option. The silver lining is a lot of techs will earn money downgrading folks to XP.
  • As I have done errands this weekend I have noticed less Help Wanted signs than ever before. Business in Central Jersey seems brisker than past Memorial Day weekends. My concern is that is because less folks are travelling rather than more available shopping dollars.

That is about I could get to trickle out so have a good Memorial Day tomorrow!

No comments: