Sunday, January 17, 2010

Dear Hiring Manager

The following is a message I want to send to all decision makers at companies of all sizes and types any where and everywhere on behalf of all the hardworking unemployed folks out there waiting for a chance to help your organization:

Dear Hiring Manager;

Your company posted a job opening over 2 months ago for a professional with five years experience in my field. Since I have about ten years of most of the required skill sets, I sent you my resume, emailed a follow-up one week later, left you a voice mail the next week, and finally received a one line email stating I was overqualified. When I tried phoning again, your assistant told me that with so many people out of work you saw no need to hire an over qualified person. As you saw in my cover letter, my last employer went bankrupt over 18 months ago. Rather than collect unemployment, I have taken a series of part-time jobs somewhat related to my field. The chance to re-enter my industry is much more critical than the pay rate right now. If you have been unable to hire the perfect candidate for the last two months, please consider at least meeting with me to see if perhaps I would be suitable for the open job.

Respectfully,
Available to Work

No comments: