Tuesday, December 21, 2010

My Favorite Five Letter Word

F-O-C-U-S
~When I am recruiting for a client's job opening, I focus on their needs and focus on finding candidates who most closely meet the criteria.
~When I am helping someone upgrade their resume, I ask them to focus on what they wish to accomplish with it and then focus under creating a document that portrays the right picture.
~The candidates who most quickly re-enter the job force are those who focus on the process and never waiver from their mission until they are successful in securing a new employment opportunity.
~When the UCONN women's basketball team set a record tonight by winning their 89th consecutive game, their talented leader, Maya Moore, credited maintaining their focus for so many victories.

For the past 20+ years I have preached the need for focus. It is good to see that some things just never seem to change!

No comments: