Friday, December 31, 2010

"Real Old"

"Real Old" - the words my then 2 year old daughter used to describe me 18 years ago! I guess I am really, really old now! DO NOT think you are too old or too young to be taken seriously by hiring managers. First, it is obviously illegal to be judged by your age. Second, we all know this takes place each and every day.

Please do not alter your resume to hide either your seniority or your youth. Your resume needs to depict exactly who you are. Many clients tell me their focus is on highly experienced, senior professionals who will need little or no mentoring while others tell me they want someone with less than 5 years experience who they can train and shape to fit their needs.

Represent yourself as exactly who you are. Leave it up to the employer as to whether or not they wish to meet you and consider you for their job opening.

No comments: