Friday, October 2, 2020

Adventures in Staffing, Part 25


While I love watching all levels of football, from youth leagues through the NFL, I am disappointed at the risks being taken at all levels of the sport during Covid-19 and have not paid a ton of attention. For some reason, I turned on last night's broadcast of the NY Jets vs. the Denver Broncos. Was it an act of support for my very unhappy friends who support the Jets or an attempt to see if the Broncos are as bad as I have read about them.

Denver has not been the same since the Peyton Manning era ended. Last night, the started a young QB named Brett Rypien who has been on their practice squad for over a year after no teams selected him in the draft in 2019. Rarely does someone at this level become a starting QB in the NFL but, due to injuries, he was given a shot. The results were quite impressive as he overcame some errors and led his team to victory.

Many clients tell me they want candidates who went to a certain type of college or had a GPA over a certain level. I usually scoff at this and ask them why are they being so fussy. Sometimes, the lower profile individuals are the darkhorse candidates who will become successful workhorses! Look for the entire package when hiring. You will end up with a winner! #staffing #hiring #recruiting #Covid

No comments: