Saturday, October 24, 2020

Adventures in Staffing, Part 26


The past few weeks have been hectic for me as I overcame bronchitis, had a flurry of activity from my clients, tried to distract myself from the political climate and focus on health, family, business, and volunteer work. It kept me from blogging but not from doing a lot of thinking. Before I forget any of them, I am sharing some random thoughts with you today in no particular order!
*Candidates who are offered a job then disappear and never respond one way or the other burn bridges for the future.
*Employers who urge a staffing firm to rapidly find them candidates then decide at the end that they cannot hire anyone need to think twice before wasting a recruiter's time.
*Client companies have the absolute right to request in-person interviews and on-site work if that is what they need.
*No one should be forced to take an interview but the option to back out last minute is not acceptable.
*Employers and candidates should both avoid political discussions during interviews and make sure their social media posts are politically correct.
*Dress codes for virtual interviews should mirror those of in-person meetings. #staffing #hiring #blogging #jobsearch #recruitment #recruiter #interview

No comments: