Thursday, April 15, 2021

Show Up for Work!!

Throughout the pandemic, several candidates have kept in constant contact with me while trying to find employment. Diligence means a lot to me so those are the people I look at first if an appropriate job opportunity pops up.

From time to time, I receive calls from clients with temporary positions to fill ASAP. Just this week, such a slot opened and I called a few people. One person replied quickly and agreed to fill the job. Needless to say, I was stunned when the client called me the next morning to say the candidate never arrived. Two days have passed and this individual has completely disappeared. The strangest part of this story is that this candidate was extremely dependable then vanished.

It is okay to decline an offer or changed your mind before the start date. However, it is never okay to simply not show up. Not only are you living the client shorthanded, you are potentially damaging the recruiter's reputation and you are absolutely damaging your relationship with both regarding any future opportunities.

No comments: