Monday, July 21, 2008

Etc.

  • About 18 months back, I was searching for potential candidates using Nettemps as my engine. Numerous candidates popped up where the resumes were housed on Gadball. Being curious, I logged onto the site and discovered a free search engine for employers to locate candidates! I have placed a few people found on Gadball. On July 9, Gadball started charging employers a rather steep fee to search their database. My assumption is that your resume will receive a lot less views since Gadball changed their rules.
  • Teva is buying Barr Labs which could lead to even more pharmaceutical jobs lost in NJ as that industry is really being condensed. Please share my URL, and other sites/blogs you know about, with anyone impacted by this situation in the coming months.
  • There seem to be some signs of the job market opening up a bit in Monmouth and Ocean Counties in NJ. Electronics and consumer goods manufacturers appear to be shopping a bit for folks with engineering skills related to mechanical, manufacturing, or packaging.
  • I am curious to learn where those of you who are seeking new jobs have posted your resumes. Many of the better known engines are starting to look very tired. Please share the sites you are happiest with (and those that you do not care for as well)!

No comments: