Thursday, June 25, 2009

A Handful of Observations

This is one of those weeks with lots of thoughts crossing my already cloudy mind!
  • If the stimulus plan really is functioning, why do I see clients going months between large orders and highways quieter than ever during the rush hour?
  • GM announced today that its new plant will be built in Michigan. hopefully, the hiring managers will give a good look to the hordes of unemployed autoworkers in the Detroit region rather than importing from other areas.
  • One business being impacted by the economy is daycare and early childhood education. There are more stay-at-home parents leading to layoffs in the centers.
  • Michael Jackson died today. he was 50 years old which means he was just a bit younger than me when my generation played his records (not discs or mp3's) round the clock.
  • Farah Fawcett also passed away today. She was by far the favorite among my college buddies at that time.

No comments: