Friday, July 3, 2009

The Right Attitude!!!!

This morning, I stopped by a local pet shop where a very well spoken young man assisted me. During our chat, it came out that he received his BA in Business Administration just this past May and is actively job hunting. He has had a few nibbles and demonstrated a "will do anything to get started" attitude with a ton of positive energy and optimism.

No matter whether you are looking for your first job or trying to recover from an untimely layoff, attitude is critical. This recent graduate reminded me of the importance is being alive, alert, and spirited no matter how bleak things look. Obviously, college grads are facing an uphill battle to find anything to do right now but the cream will rise to the top sooner or later. If I had a job for an inexperience yet eager self starter, I would hire this candidate immediately!!!

No comments: