Thursday, July 2, 2009

Need to Grumble a Little Bit

On an evening where my beloved Philadelphia Phillies dropped out of sole possession of first place, I find it appropriate to mention a phone call I received today. While in the middle of trying to fill a client's rush request, a young man called me and asked why I had not responded to his resume. Though I needed to stay focused on my immediate task, I opened my inbox to look for the resume. The resume came through about a minute later. Calmly (yes, it was painful!), I explained that it is best to wait a minimum of a few hours to ensure the recruiter or hiring manager has enough time to properly review your resume. The candidate did not comprehend that at all and told me he really did not fit the open job at all but I needed to call him with ideas before the end of the day. I hope he does not stay awake all weekend awaiting my call.

No comments: