Saturday, April 30, 2011

Will April's Showers Bring May Flowers?

The simple answer to the above statement is I sure hope things warm up in the northeast so my gardens start growing! The more complex answer related to the employment market is I thing we are seeing just a bit more hope than a month ago and a lot more than a year back though that would not take much to accomplish.

Clients who stopped sending out weekly, or even monthly, status reports on open listings have resumed the process once again. While the number of open needs is still light, at least they feel the need to reach out to recruiters on a fairly regular basis.

A few hiring managers are actually starting to show concern about how competitive their pay scales are to others in their industry! Questions about whether or not they are making themselves desirable to potential candidates has disappeared for close to 3 years. This is actually a HUGE change in the climate which caught me a little bit by surprise.

One last positive indicator is that other recruiting firms are beginning to contact me for assistance in splitting job openings they are not comfortable filling on their own. This is a very positive indication to me that something good i about to take place!

Now, we just need to find a way to lower fuel prices so candidate may afford to drive to interviews, increase mass transit, get our educational systems up to snuff, and get the government leaders to take charge once again. I don't think I am asking for too much (well, maybe a bit too much)!!

No comments: