Monday, April 20, 2020

Adventures in Recruiting, Part 8.

One of my favorite parts of recruiting is helping client companies. While the purpose of a recruiter is to help a client fill vacancies with excellent people, sometimes, the opportunity presents itself to dig deeper.
My favorite experiences are when I learn that a hiring manager has never had to fill a position on their team before. Rather than flooding them with resumes and pressuring them to schedule interviews, I walk them through the entire process, ensuring they pick the closest matches from the resumes I provided. I also like to find out the process they will use.
This allows me to correctly prepare my candidates so they have a good idea of what to expect and how to react to it when they arrive at the interviewer's office. Some might think I am attempting to make carbon copy (yes, a very old term) candidates hence making it harder for the hiring manager to select the best fit. Rest assured, no two candidates react the same way to prepping! My objective is to avoid poor meetings which discourage both sides.
Rather than simply filling the open slot, my objective is to get the person who best fits the needs of my client company hired. A satisfied client leads to a long term relationship! Patty Kremen, Elise Prezant

No comments: