Thursday, June 4, 2020

Adventures in Staffing, Part 13

On a sunny Tuesday morning, I was sitting at my desk reflecting on a meeting I attended the night before and realizing I should have not stayed up until midnight watching Monday Night Football. All of a sudden, the radio station I was tuned to stopped their music format to talk about the first of what would be several terror attacks using hijacked aircraft. As the horrible tragedy unfolded, our phones went silent and remained that way for several weeks. Recovery was slow but we eventually ramped back up.

I have witnessed many catastrophic situations during thirty plus years in the staffing world. This current situation is a mixed bag consisting of an unwieldy pandemic, civil unrest, a corresponding recession, and the ongoing weakening of world peace.

My recommendation to those in need of work is extremely basic. Be happy when you receive a job order, graciously accept it knowing that pay rates are going to be less aggressive for the next year or two. With record numbers of unemployed job seekers out there, I would hate for you to pass something up and stay on the sidelines for longer than necessary. #jobmarket #jobhunt #unemployed #jobadvice #gethired #jobseekers #Covid19jobs #PandemicImpact

No comments: