Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Legitimate Ranting Session

Today, I realized that I must have buried my head in the sand (interesting, as I do not live near the beach)and thought that when I popped back out the entire populous would be aware of the fact we are in an extremely huge recession. The joke was on me! I chatted with a candidate who has not secured employment in any field for almost a year and has no income coming in. Understandably, she is unhappy not to be able to find a job that matches the $45-50 an hour she used to earn. However, ............... she now wants no less than $75 hourly to make up for her lost income. No way, no how should she even dream of such a thing right now!! We all wish we were earning more than we are but it just will not happen until the economy gets its act together! Realistic goals are essential to get back onto the playing field.

No comments: