Sunday, June 20, 2010

Solitary Man

Movie reviewing (or viewing for that matter) will never become my vocation as I tend to lose interest and nod off rather fast both at home and in a theater. Last night, I saw a new movie starring Michael Douglass called 'Solitary Man.' Thought provoking and disturbing would be the best terms to describe it. Apart from the fact that seeing the star plus Danny DeVito and Susan Sarandon as 60-somethings made me feel very old, I was intrigued by the writers ability to demonstrate how burning bridges could destroy one's life as well as career. Skeletons were popping up everywhere the character went and would not go away.

While this might be taking it a bit too far, I think the message was driven home fairly well. Watch your step every place you go and with whomever you deal with professionally and socially as your past definitely will get numerous opportunities to catch up with you.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: