Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Thirty-one Placement Perspectives in 31 Days, Day 15

 Thirty-one Placement Perspectives in 31 Days (some will be directed at Jobseekers and others at Hiring Managers).

Day 15.

This morning, someone called me inquiring about employment. When I asked her what type of experience she had, her reply was that she was calling on behalf of her son who is a college senior. My reaction was to ask her why he is not calling me. She got a bit indignant then said that she wishes he would look for a job on his own! I requested that he send his resume when he actually is ready to focus on the search process. The takeaway here is, that unless there are very convincing extenuating circumstances, you need to take ownership of your job search. This is especially true for upcoming or recent graduates. Having a parent / sibling / significant other doing your bidding for you is unacceptable.

No comments: