Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Thirty-one Placement Perspectives in 31 Days, Day 30.

 Thirty-one Placement Perspectives in 31 Days (some will be directed at Jobseekers and others at Hiring Managers).

Day 30.

As the year is coming to a close, my thoughts turned to a former client who has since passed away. He was an Engineering Director of a small manufacturing company. In our numerous conversations, I always found him rather low key, unemotional, yet efficient. He was in the process of hiring a new team member and interviewed a few candidates I sent to him. When we spoke, this gentleman told me that one candidate stood out because of the passion he brought to the interview. At first, I was a bit surprised since the hiring manager was so reserved but then I realized that you can be quietly passionate. Whenever you interview, make sure that your love and interest (passion) for what you do shines through!

No comments: