Saturday, December 26, 2020

Thirty-one Placement Perspectives in 31 Days, Day 26.

 Thirty-one Placement Perspectives in 31 Days (some will be directed at Jobseekers and others at Hiring Managers).Day 26.

"Harold, do you have a good job for me today? I really need to work but no one has anything." Over the past 30+ years, this is likely the question I am asked most frequently. My answer is usually framed around the concept that I react to the needs of my client companies and will call candidates who fit those requirements. Next, I usually ask what the person is doing to accelerate their personal search process. Replies usually range from I sent out a few resumes to I called a few agencies last month but there are no good jobs out there. In some cases, I have actually called the candidates when something I felt they could do came up. Unfortunately, they either say they are not interested in the specific job, think they have another offer coming in a few days, or have some life issue blocking them from working at the moment. None of what I have stated is meant to insult or offend anyone but we all have to be willing to help ourselves take the steps needed toward our next chapter!

No comments: