Thursday, February 18, 2021

Setting Yourself Up to Fail?

 Phone calls like the one I received today make me wonder if there are actually people who personally sabotage their job search efforts to avoid returning to the workplace. An individual returned my call and email from 12/30/20 this afternoon, 2/18/21. At first, I thought the latest onslaught of winter weather had caused me to have a mental lapse but then I realized this was happening in real time.

The individual only checks emails sporadically as she rarely see 'any good emails' and it sounds like she waits for her voice mailbox to be full before checking messages. The candidate was surprised that jobs I phoned her about almost six weeks back were full! Her expectations regarding salary and location were extremely unrealistic.

As I have said in previous posts, only you can put yourself back to work. Others can help guide and coach but you have to remain in charge. Causing yourself to fail should never be acceptable!!

No comments: